Although my family loves to read we also like watching fun family movies that get you in the holiday spirit. We would like to share 10 of our all time favorite family movies to welcome in the holidays.
- A Christmas Story – One of the funnies movies I have ever seen. I watch this one even when it’s not Christmas.
- The Polar Express – Loved the animation. And oh joy there is a Polar Express book to enjoy as well.
- The Preachers Wife – Whitney Houston sings so beautifully in this heart warming holiday movie.
- A Christmas Carol – Who can forget old Scrooge. I love showing this movie to the little ones to teach them about compassion and what Christmas is all about. There are many versions of this movie, find the one that’s best suited for your family.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas – It’s funny to hear my children say “whose Charlie Brown?” I love the Charlie Brown cartoons and this one ranks as one of my favorites.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – This is another movie I never get tired of seeing every year. So funny!
- Last Holiday – A romantic Christmas film, but it continues to fall in the family movie category. We loved Queen Latifah in this upbeat holiday movie.
- Jingle All The Way – We can’t forget the funny holiday movie that makes fun of the craziness that is holiday shopping.
- The Grinch – We will watch anything with Jim Carey in it. He’s one of our favorite comedians, and he does not disappoint as the Grinch in this holiday favorite.
- A Muppet Christmas Carol – What’s Christmas without the wonderful singing voices of the muppet’s. We love them!
What are some of your all time favorite Holiday movies?