My lovable huggable toddler has some delay with speech, so I am trying different techniques to encourage her to communicate.
Daniel Tiger is her absolute favorite character, during her computer time she only wants to watch Daniel Tiger.
I thought why not make a Daniel Tiger felt play for learning the parts of the face.
It was a hit.
The eyebrows, ears, eyes, nose, and mouth are all removable pieces. If you make one of these I suggest sewing the loose pieces (The tigers hair) onto the head.
1. She placed the parts of the face on the tiger.
2. We named the parts of the face as she placed them.
3. We gave the tiger different facial expressions.
4. I asked her to show me how she feels today.
5. I asked her to tell me how Daniel Tiger feels today.
6. We repeated these activities as long as she wanted.